Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Ice King


Continuing on with the Adventure Time series, I tried my hand at the Ice King. I was excited for him because he's one of the characters that I can actually push the details and really make him gruesome but still keep him true to the original.

I was a little unsure about making him blue since I like keeping my inks clean, but in the end I think it added more than taking away. Either way here's a copy of the black and white version.


The next two in the series are actually already complete, Jake and Marceline's Dad. Marceline's Dad has to be my favorite so far, I really went all out making him crazy scary. There's not really many characters in the Adventure Time universe I can go all out on without changing their actual base design.

Well, actually they aren't 100% complete. I'm trying to stick to this black and white + 1 color scheme to these pieces, and that's the point where I'm struggling to find out what works best.

Print: Ice King

5 comments:

Jade Wright said...

wow, I was just looking at these on someones Tumblr feed. they're amazing!

Anonymous said...

these are so freakin awesome! gives a creepy twist to the Adventure Time phenomenon!! love them. especially Finn and Marceline! hope you put up Bubblegum soon!! i also think it would be cool if you drew the boy version of marceline from the "Fiona and Cake" episode. that would be so friggin amazing!

drend said...

these are AWESOME.(;//;) omfu i LOVE ice king, he's probably my adventure time fav character (together with snow golem and fire wolf cub)

amazing art. i adore. <3

misti mony said...

We've had a lot of satisfied customers in 2012; we plan to close out the new year by offering some really cool stuff! Ink Blot Masks.

dong dong23 said...

true religion jeans
true religion jeans
oakley sunglasses
adidas originals
christian louboutin shoes
michael kors outlet
coach outlet online
toms shoes
ray ban sunglasses
timberland boots
michael kors handbags
louis vuitton outlet stores
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet
tiffany outlet
caoch outlet
air jordans
giuseppe zanotti
coach outlet store online clearances
adidas superstar
coach outlet
coach outlet store online
nike free run
louis vuitton
longchamp handbags
louis vuitton handbags
christian louboutin outlet
nike air max
polo ralph lauren
cheap jordans
coach outlet
tory burch flats
tiffany and co
nike uk
replica watches
marc jacobs
gucci
coach outlet
coach outlet
20166.17wengdongdong