Venom Tron and color version

I made these for a contest over on Satellite Soda, the theme was Marvel-Tron. I highly recommend visiting their forums, it's a fun community of lots of great artists posting awesome work.

For the contest I chose to do venom since he's one of my favorites and I figured his look might look cool "tronized." Sadly I forgot about the contest until the day of and turned in a horrible rushed venom. The next day I worked on it a little bit longer and made this version, but I still wasn't very happy with it.


Then I decided to try one with out the glow and lighting effects and just try and use simple colors. Something comic-booky.

But I still wasn't that happy with it, I knew I wasn't going to be able to get it to the point I wanted with out committing a lot of time and effort into it. But I wanted this piece to be a fun project for practice, not something I would need to spend hours working on to get it to the point I wanted.

So, I decided to put the color version and work on finishing it off in black and white.