Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Walken

This illustration was for an assignment where we had to take a pop icon and caricature them with an animal to represent them. The animal was just a conceptual part of the piece, a problem to solve. The animal could be similar, ironic, or just something that accentuates the person.

I chose Christopher Walken because he would be really easy to caricature and the the chameleon became a good choice since i decided to accentuate Walken's eyes. Also Walken is kinda creepy and crazy and I think a reptile suits him well. Also he's a good actor and chameleons are good at camouflage, so it fits.


This was the final sketch before I started on the final. I didn't really bother finishing it that much because I had the idea already worked out in my head. I just drew it out on a canvas panel did a rough layer of acrylics and went over that with black paint and markers. I wanted this piece to feel more like a drawing than a painting.

3 comments:

Erin Schwaner said...

I like the comparison is really disturbing and it works!

Alejandro Gonzalez said...

Aaaaahhaaa. Funny. This came out really good!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!